Our office will meet with your asset manager to review your asset listings and/or depreciation schedules to ensure correctness. The items that should be rendered can vary from state to state and in some circumstances county to county. We will then file any necessary renditions as required by the local assessor’s office and maintain and review your personal property records on a yearly basis.
Common factors that can influence your assessment value:
- Are leasehold items taxable?
- Are we using the proper depreciation schedules?
- Is software taxable?
- Do any of our assets call for obsolescence?
- Is the assessor’s office correctly classifying our personal property?
- Am I eligible for a Freeport Exemption?
- Will our renditions be audited?